BAU at CAMARGO RESIDENCY – Cassis, France
BAU Institute has formed a partnership with the Camargo Foundation to offer a new summer residency in Cassis, France. The BAU at Camargo residency provides Fellowships at no cost to visual artists, writers, performance artists, composers, and other creative professionals, who demonstrate a serious commitment to their craft and a desire to work independently within an international community.
2017 RESIDENCY DATES
July 24 - August 21, 2017
February 28, 2017 (11:59 pm EST on February 28, 2016)
Notification of the admission committee decision given in mid April.
Upon acceptance a refundable security deposit of $250.00 USD is due.
Applications are open to international artists, creative and dramatic writers (including screenwriters and creative non-fiction), composers, performance artists, and multidisciplinary artists. No applications will be accepted from current full time students.
The BAU at Camargo Fellowship
The Fellowship provides artists with live-work apartments at no cost. The Camargo foundation staff is in residence to provide information and support for transportation, reservations, translation and regional information. A BAU Institute Director will be in residence at all times.
The campus is located directly on the Mediterranean with breathtaking views of the harbor and Cap Canaille, one of the highest maritime cliffs in Europe. The buildings and grounds contain thirteen apartments, a reference library, a music-conference room, gardens, a Chinese Terrace, and an outdoor Greek Theater, all of which are available for use by the residents. The apartments are fully furnished with equipped kitchens. Linens and towels are provided. A washer and dryer are available for personal laundry. There are no telephones in the apartments, but there is wifi through-out most of the campus. There is on-site parking.
The language of the residency is English. There is no French language requirement for a Camargo Fellowship. Transportation and meals are the responsibilty of the residents. There is abundant food shopping in nearby markets. No children or pets are allowed. Overnight guests are not permitted. There are several hotels in Cassis where visitors can stay.
The Foundation is a five-minute walk from the village of Cassis and approximately 30 minutes by train, bus, or car from Marseille and Aix-en-Provence. The train station in Cassis is a five minute taxi ride to the campus.
For more information about this program please visit our website at:http://www.bauinstitute.org
Or like us on Facebook:
Links to each application form is at the end of this page.
- VISUAL ARTS
- TIME-BASED ARTS
- LITERARY ARTS
- MUSIC COMPOSITION
Have the following 6 items ready before starting your submission:
- CV or resume as a PDF file.
- A letter of intent: Describe the work you plan to undertake while in residence, and how the specific nature of this residency will benefit your work as a PDF file.
- Documentation of your work: You may submit either images, text-based files, video, or audio, depending on your discipline.
- Professional References: Name, Title (if applicable), and email address of 2 professional references who may be contacted. Do not send letters unless requested.
- Application Fee: $43
For questions send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck with your application!
Painting, sculpture, installation, site-specific, digital media, photography, or drawing:
1. CV or resume as a PDF file.
2. A letter of intent: Describe the work you plan to undertake while in residence, and how the specific nature of this residency will benefit your work as a PDF file. Please also, at the end of your cover letter, include a WORK SAMPLE LIST that is a numbered list of the Title, year, medium, and dimensions of each image that you are submitting.
3. Seven (7) JPEG images, at 72 DPI resolution, maximum file size for each image submitted, 1MB. Images must be numbered as in the WORK SAMPLE LIST in your letter of intent . We can only accept JPEGs. Please do NOT submit Powerpoint presentations, PDF, TIFF, Gif or PSD files.
5. Professional References: Name, Title (if applicable), and email address of 2 professional references who may be contacted. Do not send letters unless requested.
6. Application Fee: $40